Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Candy Melts - Wilton vs Merckens vs ??
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Candy Melts - Wilton vs Merckens vs ??

Candy Melts - Wilton vs Merckens vs ?? 7 years, 6 months ago #1

• CPG Admin
  • Administrator
So I'm sure many of you know or would like to know.. which candy melts do you think are the best and in which ways? Flavor.. color... texture.. additives for thinning ratios.. etc... your thoughts are always appreciated! =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon

Re: Candy Melts - Wilton vs Merckens vs ?? 7 years, 6 months ago #2

I've been reading a lot of comments on this lately. I've never used Merckens so I can't compare. I've only used Wilton. Wilton cost less and is easily accessible to me. With trial and error I have figured out what works for me. I use a chocolate melting pot and thin it out with Crisco. After it melts, I take the pot out of the heating unit and let it cool until the pot is cool to the touch. I also let my cake pops sit out of the fridge for a few minutes to warm up before I dip them. This seems to have stopped the problems with cracking and/or falling off the stick. I hope this helps someone. Happy dipping.

Re: Candy Melts - Wilton vs Merckens vs ?? 7 years, 6 months ago #3

• Brittany
  • Fresh Popper
Make N' Mold are my absolute fav ..if I'm stuck w/ using wilton I always have to thin down with veg oil bc it tends to be pretty thick

Re: Candy Melts - Wilton vs Merckens vs ?? 7 years, 6 months ago #4

• Pinx
  • Fresh Popper
I read in several places about Merckens being the best tasting, so I bought some to try and I think it is waaay better than Wilton's, flavor-wise. Just got them so I have yet to use them. Will update once I do, but just from tasting them the way they are, the texture does seem smoother and a bit softer. I can see it needing less Crisco, if any. Still waiting on my paramount crystals too, so will be back with those results as well. Hope that helps for now!

Re: Candy Melts - Wilton vs Merckens vs ?? 7 years, 4 months ago #5

• Tricia
  • Fresh Popper
I've been using Wilton Candy Color sets, but the most recent experience with it was disastrous. When I added the Candy Color to the Candy Melt, it thickened it to the point where it was useless! I'm ready to change brands!

Has anyone has any experience with Americolor oil candy colors? If so, what are your opinions? Thanks.

Re: Candy Melts - Wilton vs Merckens vs ?? 7 years, 4 months ago #6

• Simon
  • Fresh Popper
Since I started making cake Pops I've used Wilton, but it's very Thick and my cake Pops turn out to be a Horrible Mess(even though I never believe in horrible messes in the Arts of Baking/Cooking), and they don't taste real good, I've never used Merkens(never heard of it either), but I don't prefer Wilton Candy Melts. -BE ARTISTIC!
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds